Advania Seminar: Oracle OEBS R12 upgrade
This is not a standard official Oracle course. The seminar is built on the Advania experience regarding á massive upgrade for Oracle OEBS R12 the company implemented for the Icelandic State in October 2010.
Advania prepared for the upgrade for 12 months by taking courses, doing a lot of analysis, testing and iterations of the upgrade. Since the upgrade Advania has done continous problem-shooting.
The Icelandic State has 11,000 users, 22 Oracle applications modules and hundreds of customizations. To explain the scope of the R12 upgrade in Iceland it boiled down to 31,000 work hours, 400 analysis reports and 300 customization upgrades. The project was done with a workforce of over 100 people.
This Advania R12 seminar has all the makings of an important part in the preparation process for a large-scale project such as this. Advania developed the seminar according to the needs the company had before the project.
Advania has accumulated a vast knowledge base of R12 and valuable experience that should be very useful for other companies that are planning similar upgrades.
Please contact Hermann Jónsson for further details.
Tel. +(354) 440 9000
Day 1, Advania financials
- GL, AP, AR, CE and AME
- Discuss functional changes in R12 and our experience of them
- New functionality
- Necessary setup
- Bugs and pitfalls
- Introduction to advania’s implementation of new functionality and modules
- Subledger Accounting
- Tax engine
- Accounting Setup
Day 2, R12 DBA: Upgrade and Maintenance
- The upgrade procedure from 11i to R12
- Preparation and design
- The upgrade process and cooperation with Oracle
- Errors and pitfalls
- The changes from 11i to R12
- 10g AS replacing 9i, Apache and Jserv
- The infrastructure
- Maintenance, patching and cloning
Day 3, Development
- Areas where development needs to focus
- Subledger accounting
- The merging of Suppliers and Customers
- Change in ledger structure
- Multi Org and RLS
- Discoverer if that is in place