Advania is a leading Nordic IT company which offers diverse services and solutions, hosting and data center services
Welcome to IT
We pride ourselves in providing customers the best possible service, a diverse but integrated range of solutions and services, a competent and innovative professional staff, and proven managerial skills. Our operations are certified by the international quality and security standard ISO 27001.
A one-stop-shop for local and cross-border IT services and solutions in the Nordic region.
One-stop-shop for everything IT related
- Traces its roots back to 1939, offering more than 70 years of technology service in the Nordics.
- 1,000 employees in 17 offices across Iceland, Sweden, Norway and Denmark, serving over 10,000 active customers worldwide in both private and public sectors.
- Strategy and offerings are built around creating value for customers through clever and intelligent use of IT, with long-term customer loyalty as the ultimate goal.
- Strategic country offerings include managed services and infrastructure consulting, and cross-border offerings focus on data center services, communication centers and a unique all-encompassing cloud portal.
- Close partner collaborations with several leading global IT and software providers, including Microsoft, Dell, HP, Oracle, Citrix, VMware, Cisco, Google, IBM and Xerox.
- Continuously seeking to improve operational efficiency, while growing revenues and increasing margins.
Overall strategy - Customer intimacy
- The focus is on creating value for customers with the clever and intelligent use of IT.
- Advania works in strategically selected business areas, each focused on customer requirements with long-term customer loyalty as the ultimate goal.
- Business decisions are made based on the total lifetime customer value, and the value of collaborative solutions development.
- The solutions themselves are built through a process of thoughtful integration and localization of existing best-in-class solutions, each carefully chosen to solve the customers’ needs and then tailored to fit their business environment.
- Empowerment of front-line employees is key to be able to deliver on Advania’s strategy.
Key objectives until 2021
- Become one of the top 5 IT companies listed on a Nordic OMX, as measured by net profit, growth and the appreciation of our clients of the value that their partnership with Advania brings.
- Grow the company organically and with strategic acquisitions in the Nordics, with the goal of listing the company on NASDAQ in Stockholm no later than spring 2021.
- Leverage the size of the company and the platform, as well as the knowledge and skills of the team to sell, integrate and support the products and services chosen as our cross-border offerings.
- Structure shared resource pools both to maximize internal operations, and to provide our clients with top-tier expertise across borders.
- Successful business operations in at least 4 of the 5 Nordic countries, the success criteria being continuous YoY growth as well as EBITDA margins of more than 8%.
Advania traces its roots all the way back to 1939 when the company EJS was founded in Iceland. EJS eventually became a dominant IT business in Iceland and a core component of what would later become Advania. Another big step in the Advania story was the founding of Skýrr by the Icelandic government and the city of Reykjavik in 1952. It‘s purpose was to introduce and lead computing and record keeping in Iceland. Skýrr was later privatized in 1995.
In early 2017, the company itself acquired all the shares from the Icelandic investor group.
In 2009 – 2011 the following Icelandic companies were merged under the Skýrr brand: Skýrr, Kögun, Landsteinar Strengur, Eskill, EJS and Teymi. During this period Hands AS in Norway and Kerfi AB in Sweden became Skýrr subsidiaries and Thor Data Center was acquired.
In January 2012 Skýrr and HugurAx in Iceland, Kerfi in Sweden and Hands in Norway merged under one name: Advania. In 2015 two companies were added to the group; Tölvumiðlun in Iceland, and Knowledge Factory in Sweden. In 2016 Advania MobilePay in Iceland was added to the group.
In 2014 a group of Swedish investors, with Nordic Mezzanine from Finland and an Icelandic investor group acquired a majority stake in Advania from the Iceland Enterprise Investment Fund (IEIF). In 2015 the group acquired all remaining shares from IEIF.
Management & Corp. Governance
When it comes to corporate governance, Advania aims to strengthen company infrastructure and increase outwards transparency.
Exemplary in corparate governance
Advania has been awarded the nomination “Exemplary in Corporate Governance” both in 2013 and 2014. The Iceland Chamber of Commerce (Viðskiptaráð Íslands), Confederation of Icelandic Employers (Samtök atvinnulífsins), NASDAQ OMX Iceland (Kauphöll Íslands) and the Center for Corporate Governance at the University of Iceland award the nomination and the objective is to promote discussion and actions that strengthen good corporate governance.
The recognition is granted following a formal assessment by the Center for Corporate Governance at the University of Iceland in the conduct of the Board of Directors and management with the aim to increase credibility and transparency with respect to shareholders and other interested parties.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors was re-elected during the 2016 Annual General Meeting of Advania. The following sit on the Board of Directors:
Company transparency and available information
The objective of Advania corporate governance statement is to strengthen the company’s infrastructure and increase the transparency of its activity and ensure necessary dissemination of information for that purpose. The corporate governance statement includes improved responsibility of Advania towards shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers and society as a whole. Advania reports news on its activities on the company website.
Key personnel and top level management
Gestur G. Gestsson
CFO at Advania Group from August 2015, CFO at Advania SE from 2009. Prior responsibilities at Advania include Business Controller and Accounting Manager.
CEO at Advania SE from December 2010, and responsible for Communication Centers. Prior responsibilities at Advania include National Consultant Manager and Business Area Manager.
Ægir Már Þórisson
CEO at Advania IS from October 2015. Managing Director of Human Resources at Advania from 2013. Human Resource Manager prior to that from 2011. Managing Director of Consulting at Capacent from 2010-2011.
CEO at Advania NO from November 2016. Sales & Marketing Director at Advania NO from October 2012. Sales & Marketing Director at Bluegarden from 2008-2012.
Data CentersManaging director of Operations Solutions at Advania from 2010. Head of Service at Vodafone from 2004-2010.
Cloud PortalResponsible for Cloud Portal and Market Place on a cross border level from 2015. Operations Manager at Advania SE from December 2010. Prior responsibilities at Advania include Business Manager & Sales & Marketing DIrector.
Advania is a leading Nordic IT company which offers diverse services and solutions which include software, ERP systems, consulting, hardware, IT operations, hosting and data centre services. Advania covers information technology from A to Z, offering its customers a one-stop-shop for integrated IT services and solutions.
Advania is one of the strongest and most comprehensive system integrators in Sweden. We help our clients in the areas of IT outsourcing, process automation, contact center and IT infrastructure and integration solutions. In 2014 Advania Sweden was ranked as one of the highest of all IT vendors delivering most value to their customers.
Advania in Iceland offers a one stop shop for everything related to IT. This includes ERP systems, software and system integration, IT operations, hosting, cloud and data center services, web solutions and consulting.
Advania Norway is the largest Microsoft partner in the delivery of business solutions in Norway.